Wage Loss & Disability Compensation
Akron Disability Compensation Attorney
Workers' compensation benefits are based off the worker's average weekly wage (AWW) and full weekly wage (FWW). You need an attorney who possesses the necessary finesse to get the rate of compensation increased - a skill that can only be learned through experience. For more than 20 years, I have been successfully calculating my clients' AWW and FWW to maximize their rate of pay and increase the amount of compensation they receive.
Cleveland Lawyer Helping Injured Workers Throughout Ohio
At the law offices of Robin J. Peterson Company, LLC, I know the types of compensation available to you and work hard to ensure you get the payment you deserve.
- Temporary total disability - Compensation an injured worker receives while he or she is unable to work due to injury.
- Permanent total disability - Compensation given when an injured worker is no longer able to perform any type of employment.
- Wage loss compensation - Compensation is awarded when an injured worker's medical condition is such that he or she is not able to find work, or must move on to a less physically demanding job with lower pay, due to now-limited physical capabilities.
- Permanent partial disability/permanent impairment - Compensation given for a permanent injury, or disability, done to a part of your body such as a carpal tunnel injury or a back injury.
- Lump sum settlements and full and final settlements - An injured worker may settle all or part of his or her claim. For example, a worker may settle the monetary portion of the case while leaving the medical benefits portion unsettled.
- Schedule loss compensation/awards (amputation) - A special payment for workers whose serious injuries have resulted in blindness, deafness, lost the total use of a body part, or workers who have experienced an amputation.
- Violation of specific safety requirement (VSSR) - A worker may obtain additional compensation when his/her injury was caused by his/her employer's violation of a safety requirement.
You need an experienced northeast Ohio wage loss attorney working to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact me today for a free consultation.