Machinery Injuries | Why You Need an Attorney
Workplace machines are frequently tested for stringent quality control before they are sent to be used on the job. The workplace also routinely checks the equipment, repairs it, or replaces it after getting it. However, no matter how these machines go through stringent testing, machines may still be defective and cause injuries. Unfortunately, even when employees use all possible safety measures, machine injuries still tend to happen. If you or a loved one have been injured at work, you should call an attorney who specializes in workers compensation in Northeast Ohio.
Common Machinery Injuries
- Electrical burns
- Cuts, punctures
- Broken bones, fractures or crushed limbs
- Head and brain injuries
Some of the most common causes of injuries from machinery include the following:
- Improper training of employees: Sometimes employers may fail to properly train their employees on how to safely use the equipment.
- Using a machine without protective gear: Specific safety gear may be required when using different types of machinery. Serious injuries could occur if an employee fails to wear the gear, or is not provided with adequate safety gear.
- Faulty machinery: Machines can break down and malfunction, and parts may have defects, which can cause an injury.
What Should You Do if Injured at Work?
You should notify your employer if you have been injured and get medical treatment right away. It is also important to keep all medical records and information regarding your injury to help with filing your claim. Contacting a Cleveland Ohio workers comp attorney is another important step in this process. A skilled attorney will be able to help you file your claim, defend your rights as a worker, and help you get the compensation you need.
How an Attorney Can Help You or Loved One Injured at Work?
An experienced Ohio injury attorney will be able to help you with the legal side of things while you focus on recovering.
Here are just some of the man things a Cleveland worker’s comp attorney can help with:
- Gather medical records and evidence.
- Take depositions of the physicians, medical experts, claimants, and other parties.
- Perform legal research.
- Draft pleadings, fact findings, briefs, opinions, motions, and other legal documents/
- Litigate cases before a referee or judge.
Call us Today
For over 20 years, the attorneys at Robin J Peterson Co, LLC. have been providing competent personalized representation. They offer case evaluations and initial consultations for free. Call our office today at (216) 642-9007 to learn more.